Thursday, August 23, 2012

Clicks & Fresh Perspectives



My hubby was at a work meeting tonight so I decided to go to a local park and have fun with our new camera.  It was so peaceful and relaxing as I walked around taking some nice shots of the trees and flowers.  As I was clicking away, I realized that every picture I take can become an act of worship. With so many "unknowns" and "uncertainties" in our life right now, I feel like taking pictures is a way for me to express my heart to God.  There are other passions on my heart that have either been put on hold or are in the "unknown" category right now.  I would often get discouraged...because after all, the passions on our heart are the reason for our existence....to bring glory to God!  So I started considering other passions that I could live out for God. I've always loved taking pictures and I always wanted to get more into photography, but it was just extra money that we didn't have at the time.  Wonderful friends of ours gave us their old camera this summer and words can not express how much of a blessing it has been.  It has stirred up the creative passion within me to get more into photography. My heart hopes to learn more, become better with the art, and start my own photography business in the future.   Every landscape shot soaks in the beauty of His creation and reminds me how much of His love is all around me.  Every portrait and animal shot is a way to capture those precious moments in life that we often take for granted.  They remind me of all the blessings in life. I also love that my husband enjoys photography too! It is a great hobby for us to enjoy together. As I embark on this new photography journey, I pray that every click I make becomes an act of worship and brings glory to God!





No comments:

Post a Comment