Monday, April 16, 2012

Dairy Free Pesto

                                basil
I LOVE fresh basil!  I also love making fresh pesto.  I don't eat dairy, so I made this recipe with nutritional yeast, which gives it that salty, cheesy taste that you would normally get from the parmesan.  Nutritional yeast is a great super food loaded with fiber, protein, folate and B vitamins. This pesto is great mixed in with your favorite pasta and lots of veggies!

Dairy Free Pesto

2 cups tightly packed basil leaves
1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
1-2 garlic cloves
1/4 cup pine nuts (or pecans if you do not have pine nuts)
1/2 cup nutritional yeast
1/2 tsp-1tsp sea salt


2 comments:

  1. Saw your comment and thought, "No, it can't be!!" So awesome you found me! Psyched to be able to catch up on your blog, following!:) And I loooooooove pesto..to a fault!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Emily!!! I found you on twitter and I'm following you! You should follow me so we can chat. ;) Hope you are doing well!

    ReplyDelete